My grandma recently made the decision to install solar panels on the roof of her house. At first, it was a relatively daunting task, due to the cost involved with making such a significant purchase. However, upon further inspection, it became apparent that she ultimately made the right fiscal decision for herself as well as her environment. With the help of solar panels, my grandma was able to reduce her monthly electricity bill to its lowest amount since she moved into her house several years ago while also directly aiding in the effort to keep the planet sustainable.

The primary benefit that my grandma found after installing solar panels was the immediate decrease in her monthly energy bills. In fact, before adding the solar panels a few months ago, she was consistently paying $200+ for energy costs. But after making the switch to a solar-powered energy option, not only did the monthly bills quickly drop to a flat rate of $60, but she will also be able to take advantage of numerous tax incentives for the installation of solar panels on her property. With these additional benefits, my grandma was able to recoup the costs of her new setup in a very short period of time.

But the impact of this solar-powered system doesn't end with my grandma alone. In addition to her own financial benefit, she is also able to help the environment. By relying less on traditional forms of energy, such as electrical or gas powered heat and electricity systems, my grandma is helping to reduce the emissions created by these fossil fuels. This environmental friendliness is especially impactful for my grandma and her family, as her city has become a “hotspot” for the heavily polluted air caused by poor environmental policies.

My grandma's decision to switch to solar power is one of the best home improvements she could have made. Not only has her energy bill been drastically reduced and her carbon footprint severely minimized, but she also has the additional benefit of participating in an industry that is rapidly growing in North America. As the demand for solar energy continues to rise, her decision to make the switch will have positive impacts for years to come.

Press ESC to close